Sign up for the kids’ races –> here.
Bikes! Obstacles! A DONKEY?! On Saturday, September 14th, 2019, cyclocross bicycle racing returns to Castle Park. And, just like in years past, the kids are going to have a blast!
- “Springsteen” – an adorable, friendly donkey who loves to be patted
- FREE cyclocross skills training and races for all kids
- Kids 7 years and under: Ride a mini-race on the pint-sized ‘challenge’ course
- Kids aged 8 to 12 years old: Race a single lap of the modified cyclocross course
- A full day of cyclocross racing to watch and cheer on
11 AM to 12 PM: Registration – all kids. Sign up is on the day of, at the kids’ course in Castle Park. Register early to avoid the crush and let your kid have extra time to learn and practice. All kids’ require a signed waiver to use either the full course or mini-course.
11 AM to 12 PM: Free racing skills session begins for kids under 12.
12:15 PM: Kids Race #1 (age 2-4). Kids’ Mini-Course.
12:25 PM: Kids Race #2 (age 5-6). Kids’ Mini-Course.
12:35 PM: Kids Race #3 (age 7-8). Kids’ Mini-Course.
12:40 PM: Kids aged 8 to 12 years old line up near the start line of the full (adult) cyclocross course. Main course.
12:45 PM: Kids Race #4 (age 8-11). Single lap race of the full (adult) cyclocross course begins for kids aged 8 to 12 years old. Main course.
1:00 PM: Adults’ Race #4 starts!